Ban Sanuan Nok Community in Sanuan Sub-district, Huai Rat District, Buriram Province is an ancient Khmer community. In the community, people are engaged in sericulture and silk production with knowledge that has been passed down from their ancestors. Ban Sanuan Nok Community is the learning center of sericulture and silk production. Its process starts from growing mulberry, harvesting mulberry leaves, raising and feeding silkworms, drawing the silk from cocoons, bleaching, dyeing, ikat, weaving, and creating patterns on silk. Furthermore, people also produce products from local resources such as wooden bells, appliances made from coconut shells, basketry, etc.
Krungthai Bank acknowledges the potential of the community that focuses on sustainable community development. The keyword of this CSR project is “Sustainability”. Therefore, the Bank has cooperated with Ban Sanuan Nok Community to share knowledge to its members. This allows them to develop and apply the knowledge with local resources or local products and services under the “Go - Local, Grow – Local” Project: Ban Sanuan Nok Community. The project aims to add value to and strengthen community tourism by introducing the Bank’s financial innovations, such as Krungthai NEXT application, Krungthai Connext and income & expense accounting system, organizing tourism promotion activities, and developing products and services, in order to enhance the products and tourism standards.
• Organizing training in financial planning and income & expense accounting
• Introducing the Bank's products and services as well as providing accounts opening and QR code using.
• Making accounting book
• Fixing the information signs of sericulture in the Ban Sanuan Silk Weaving Learning Center
• Making a toilet ramp for disabled people
• Ram Trot traditional dance performance and music instruments
• Packaging improvement
• Teaching design and sewing of dresses and bags
• Renovating the Ban Sanuan Silk Weaving Learning Center
• Increasing visibility
• Selling products through E-Commerce
• Publicizing local products through Krungthai care
• Ram Trot traditional dance performance
• Music instruments
• Smokeless waste incinerator
• Organizing a training course by the Department of Tourism
• Organizing a training course by DASTA.