FAQ of Investor Relations
What Identification documents of shareholder required when contacting with the TSD?
- For Individual Persons
The original and a copy of I.D. card certified true with his/her original signature.
The original and a copy of alien identity card or passport with original signature
(In case can not show the original passport, it has to been certificated by a notary officer. The signatory certificate and notary public stamp by the Thai Embassy or Consulate of Thailand are required.)
For Juristic Persons
- A copy of juristic person certificate issued by the Ministry of Commerce not exceeding one year with original signature of authorized directors who represent the company.
- The original and a copy I.D. card of authorized directors who represent the company with original signature.
- A copy of Company’s registration certificate issued by government sector.
- A copy of juristic person authorization certificate issued by an officer of juristic persons or by an authority of the country of origin with original signature, name of an authorized person representing juristic persons, headquarter’s location and authority of signatory.
- A copy of alien identity card or passport of an authority of juristic persons with original signature.
What you should know: All documentation above must have been certified within one year from the time when submitted to the registrar.
- With an authorization of notary public officer in the country from which the above documentation was made.
- With an authorization of Thai Embassy or Consul of Thailand in the country at which signatory certificate and notary public stamp were made.
- Thai Nationality
How should I apply for the Dividend/Interest Payment to Bank Account (e-Dividend Service)?
Securities holders can submit request forms for dividend/ interest payments to bank accounts, and specified supplement documents to the TSD. In case of the scripless holding, securities holders can submit via securities companies from which they receive services. A registrar will deposit dividend/ interest into bank accounts after a securities issuer requests to make dividend/ interest payments to bank accounts of securities holders or securities owners.
How do I alter the information of the securities holder?
If you wish to alter the securities holder information e.g. title, name, family name, nationality and address, you have to submit an application form for alteration of securities holder information. Required documents are as follows:
- Additional documents specified under the section of the Documents required when contacting with the TSD. You can directly contact the TSD, or mail the TSD a request letter with the required documents specified by the TSD.
Documents required to alter the Title – Name – Family Name must attached the documents specified in number 1 above and required documents are as follows:
- Copy of certificate for change of Name-Family Name Marriage/Divorce certificate depending on the case.
- The original share certificate without any signs of his/her name on the back of the scrip
- In case of change of Name – Family Name, the shareholders must also attached the following documents: (as the case may be)
- Certificate for change of Name - Family Name
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- In case where the securities owner deposits the securities with broker/custodian, please contact your correspond broker/custodian.
- Corrections will be effective when the registrar has received the documents not less than 5 working days prior to the book closing date.
- The address given to the registrar should be an address that is proper for registered mailing purpose. There must be any person at such address to receive the documents upon delivery. Also, in accordance with the regulations set out by the Department of Business Development of the Ministry of Commerce, such address may not be a postal box. Corrections will be effective when the registrar has received the documents not less than 5 working days prior to the book closing date.
- For a shareholder who deposits his/her securities with broker/custodian, he/she has to contact the broker/custodian to have his/her information updated. The updated information will be applied to any particular distribution of benefit only when the update is made at least 5 business days prior to the respective register book closing or the record date
What should I do if I lose my dividend/interest cheque or securities certificates?
You must contact the TSD for the details of the lost cheques or securities certificates , and then file a police report with the provided details. Later, you must present the TSD the police report and the required documents in order to reissue you a new cheque or securities certificate in the replacement of the lost ones. Required documents are as follows:
- An application form for alteration of dividend/interest cheque or a new securities certificates
- The police report.
- Additional documents on the case by case basis.
How do I alter my dividend/interest cheque?
You can make a request to alter your dividend/interest cheque by presenting the following documents and submit directly at the TSD:
- An application form for alteration of dividend/interest cheque.
- The original dividend/interest cheque.
- A court order appointing a person to manage the inheritance funds (In case the cheque is payable to the person managing the inheritance funds).
- Additional documents on the case by case basis.
Is it necessary for the transferor or the transferee to process the transaction by him/herself? How do we authorize another person to process on our behalf?
The transferor or the transferee is not required to process the transaction by him/herself. He/she can assign another person to process on their behalf. The authorized person has to bring the following documents:
- The letter of attorney indicating the responsibilities to be authorized and the letter must be valid less than one year until the submission date of document.
- In case of submitting a photocopy of the Letter of Attorney, the authorized person has to sign and certify the letter, and provide the letter of indemnity. Only in case of Securities/Asset Management/Bank)
- The original and a copy of I.D. card of grantor and grantee and the authorized person certified true with his/her original signature.
How do I transfer securities?
When you wish to transfer securities to others, you could submit the request form via your broker or directly at the TSD, together with the following documents:
- The securities transfer or receipt request form prescribed by the TSD;
- Securities certificates to be transferred, with the signatures of the transferor and the transferee on the reserve side of the certificate.
- Additional documents on a case by case basic.
- The original and a copy of I.D. card of the transferor and the transferee certified true with his/her original signature.
Who is the registrar of ordinary shares and preferred shares of KTB?
Thailand Securities Depository Company Limited (“TSD”), located at No. 62 The Stock Exchange of Thailand Building, Ratchadapisek Road, Klongtoey District, Bangkok 10110
Tel: +662-229-2800 TSD Call Center: +662-229-2888 Website: https://www.set.or.th/tsd/th/tsd.html