New Segment–based branch formats
With the digital technology trends that have impacted and changed various contexts of customers and society, the Bank has created innovations to suit with new customers’ lifestyles and also changed the ways of providing services and branch systems. The Bank therefore has initiated a digital branch by designing under the concept of "Modular and Wireless", focusing on beautiful design, modernity, self-service with automated touch screen machines, utilizing technology to be more convenient and paperless initiatives, for example:
- Queue Online: It is the development of the work system in order that customers can reserve a queue in advance for receiving service at the branch i.e., making transactions, opening a deposit account or making an appointment for a bank officer to reply back. This increases convenience for customers and customer service units to be able to manage queues of service efficiently.The Online Queue service in all branches has already been provided nationwide via the Line application: Krungthai Connext.
- e-KYC: The Bank has brought e-KYC technology to help customers by using DipChip to read information from an identification card aligned the accuracy with the Department Of Provincial Administration (in 2020, more than 16 million Baht of transactions were done through DipChip). In addition, a bank account also can be opened by a face recognition system.
- E-Slip & E-Signature: The Bank has continued to place importance on environmental protection by providing e-Slip & e-Signature services for financial transactions made at the branches in Bangkok and some branches in other provinces in 2020. Customers can choose to receive the transaction evidence in electronic format, either SMS or email, that can be stored for a long term and customers do not worry about leakage of personal information on the slip. In particular, the banking system has also been developed in accordance with the requirements, rules and relevant laws. This can help reduce the amount of paper slips by more than 30% per year. The Bank has also considered plans to expand the scope of service to provincial branches nationwide in 2021.
- Tablet for Sales Staff: Tablet has been used to offer products and services to customers such as opening a deposit account, offering insurance products and applying for a Travel Card, Krungthai NEXT Application and etc., which benefits both customers and employees for viewing product information and conditions on the tablet screen. Customers can check the information or sign documents on the tablet without printing any documents and also receive documents via email as evidence.
- Wireless LAN for Customers & Staff: The Bank has installed the wireless LAN connection within the Bank branches to support the usage of customers and employees. In the meantime, the Bank installed the security equipment according to PCI-DSS to transform branch format and services into digital banking.
- QR Code for E-leaflet: To satisfy the needs of the Bank's branches that aim to reduce paper usage and help conserve the environment, the Bank has provided services access and information via QR Code scanning so that customers can have a fast and convenient experience, and can store information and view details every time.
Krungthai Bank has continually developed ATM / ATM + technology to support new functionality for customers. This is in line with the transformation into digital banking to respond to today's rapidly changing technology:
- Contactless ATM: Krungthai Bank is the first bank that uses the method of touching the card on a machine instead of inserting a card for withdrawal system and inquiring about the account balance. This is to prevent customers from forgetting to take out their card from the machine, protect the data from being copied via ATM card and reduce touching points at the ATM, including increasing the convenience of customers.
- E-KYC (Identity verification with ID card at ATMs / ATM+) is a service, where customers can make online transactions on the Paotang application and verify identity at ATM / ATM+ instead of verifying identity at the branch. This is to facilitate customers and people to make transactions by themselves at an ATM / ATM+.
- Changing the experience of using an ATM for the visually impaired to be able to access financial transactions more conveniently: Krungthai Bank has designed and developed "TalkBack" by using voice guidance to communicate with customers who are visually impaired to be able to withdraw money at an ATM by themselves.