Emerging technologies have changed how customers live and do businesses, as well as their needs and expectations. In order to keep up with them and continue providing products and services that fulfill their needs, Krungthai Bank has developed digital banking products and services, so that the customers have a pleasant digital banking experience in which they can perform transactions conveniently, effectively and securely. Here are some of our digital banking services.
Krungthai Bank has developed “Pao Tang”, an open platform mobile application that supports the government's subsidy scheme disbursement, as well as building Thailand’s digital infrastructure. The application promotes sustainability as all processes are transparent and corruption-free because all eligible people have direct access to the financial aid without going through a middleman. The application also allows paperless implementation of the government’s schemes such as “Rao Mai Ting Gun” (No One Will Be Left Behind), “Khon La Krueng” (Half Half), “Chim Shop Chai” (Eat, Shop, Spend) and “Rao Tiew Duay Kan” (We Travel Together), “One Baht Bond” and “Krungthai Health Platform”. For more information on each scheme, please visit Ecosystem Orchestration.
“Krungthai NEXT” mobile application was developed to support Krungthai Bank’s aspiration to transform into a full-scale digital bank. The application is the first cloud native banking app in Thailand and boasts the 3S characteristics: scalability, stability and security. The scalability of cloud allows the application to concurrently process a huge amount of transactions of over 10 million Krungthai NEXT users. The application has state-of-the-art technology for stability and security. It also has features that reduce social inequality, including:
- NEXT Saving account which can be opened free of charge and has no minimum deposit for account opening
- purchasing personal accident and travel insurance
- e–Donation feature where users can scan a QR Code to make a donation and get an instant electronic receipt that can be used to claim tax deduction.
- national lottery booking service
- accessibility features including iOS’ Voice Over and Android’s Talk Back, allowing users with visual impairment to perform financial transactions including paying utility bills and booking lottery tickets
- paperless digital lending services to reach out to customers in far rural areas so that they do not have to submit physical documents
- transactions that can be done in the application include buying mutual funds, stocks, insurance and requesting credit bureau report
- identity verification by face authentication to provide extra security and personal data protection
For more information, please visit Krungthai NEXT
Krungthai Connext is a LINE notification service that notifies users of incoming and outgoing transactions, as well as providing other services. With chatbot technology, the users can perform tasks such as balance inquiry for bank accounts or Krungthai Travel Card, booking branch visits, searching for nearby ATMs and branches. Currently, Krungthai CONNext has over 7 million users. For more information, please visit Krungthai Connext