Term of Use
Krung Thai Bank PCL (hereinafter referred to as “the Bank”, “we”, “our”, “us”) would like to thank you for placing your trust in us and visit our website (https://krungthai.com). We value your security and we are determined to develop our security system using latest technologies to constantly monitor and check to ensure that our website is always secure and ready for your visit.
Scope of Policy
Once you have entered the Bank’s homepage, you can search for information about promotion, products and services, and advertising media. You can also check rates and fees of services and search for other information related to the Bank. You do not have to submit personal information, if you do not wish to register as a member of the website, to receive any news or updates, or to request for response from the Bank.
The Bank may constantly improve the website and use a software to retrieve the users’ behavioral data while using the Bank’s website. The behavioral data are, for example, number of visitors, session duration, web page visits, etc. The Bank will use the collected data to develop and improve the website to better suit your needs.
The Bank may use “cookies” and similar technologies that may include third-party cookies. These technologies are used to track your usage on the Bank’s website to improve the website’s efficiency and user experience by adjusting the content and other features on social media to satisfy the customers’ needs. Cookies are small text files that are sent to your computer while visiting the website. Cookies are not computer programs and are not harmful to your computer.
Data We Collect and Store
The Bank will collect your data only as necessary for providing effective service. The data will be stored in compliance with the Bank’s regulation regarding the storage of confidential data as well as relevant laws, rules and regulations, so that you receive services that suit your needs, good financial opportunities from the Bank and so that the Bank earns trust and confidence from you while providing innovative financial products and pleasant services.
Moreover, the Bank has no policy to ask for your financial information, personal data, user ID, password, PIN Code over the phone, via SMS or through any communicative channels. If you encounter such behavior, please contact Krungthai Call Center Tel: 02 111 1111 or the branch where you mainly use our service.
- Disclosure of Data to Third Party
The Bank is aware of the importance of the disclosure of customer data. The detail is as follows:
- The Bank will not disclose or distribute your personal data to any third party or external organization for profit. Your personal data will be kept confidential.
The Bank may disclose your data when requested in cases as follows:
- complying with court order, government agency or state agency when the data are requested to be used in court hearing or for any purpose specified by law
- being requested by you and you have empowered the Bank to disclose your data so that you can successfully conduct financial transaction as per your objective
- reporting the data to National Credit Bureau
- Transport Layer Security (TLS): The Bank uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) which is an internet protocol used to encrypt the data to ensure communications security. The data transmitted over internet network every time you conduct a financial transaction over the Bank’s internet network are encrypted using a highly secure encryption algorithm – RSA 2048 bits (Signature Algorithm: SHA256withRSA) – to deny the intelligible content to a would-be interceptor. The Bank employs digital certificate service provided by a certificate authority whose security system meets international standards.
- Data Encryption Critical personal data such as password will be encrypted using complex algorithm before being stored in the system.
- Firewall The Bank uses multiple firewalls to prevent unauthorized access to the system or data.
- Intrusion Detection is a software application that detects and reports in text promptly as soon as an abnormal behavior is sensed, for example, when there is an intruder or an unauthorized access to the Bank’s system.
- Anti-virus All of the Bank’s computers are installed with a highly effective anti-virus software application which is regularly updated.
The Bank operates this website to compile and publish information of the Bank and companies within its financial conglomerate, as well as to facilitate your use of the Bank’s products and services. However, the Bank does not guarantee that the information is accurate and up to date. The Bank reserves the right to change terms and conditions in this website without prior notice.
The Bank’s copyright, trademark and intellectual property rights
Krungthai Bank and its financial conglomerates is the copyright owner of the logo, trademark, registered and unregistered service mark, including any component on the Bank and its financial conglomerates’ website (depending on each case) such as any articles, images, text, symbol, animated and motion pictures, advertising media, graphic animation and designs. They are legally protected and shall not be duplicated, copied, reproduced, adjusted, published or used commercially or publicly, unless a written consent has been obtained from the Bank or its financial conglomerates.
Information on the Bank’s website
The Bank operates and manages this website in Thailand and the website is governed and protected by Thai law. This does not guarantee that this website is appropriate for use in other countries and you are responsible for compliance with the country’s law. The Bank reserves the right to present, adjust and change the information on the website. The information demonstrated on the website is provided not for the purpose of giving professional suggestion or recommendation. Application for certain products and services may be restricted and the products and services may be offered only in certain location or to certain groups of customers.
Linking to third-party website
If you find any illegal information on the Bank’s website, please notify us at the following contact, so that the Bank can suspend or remove such information from the Bank’s system.
Krung Thai Bank PCL, Head Office
35 Sukhumvit Road, Klong Toey Nua Subdistrict, Wattana District Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: 02 111 1111 E-mail: Call.CallCenter@ktb.co.th
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall the Bank be liable for any kind of damage, expense or loss that may arise from direct and indirect use of the Bank’s website, including information accuracy, transmission delay, web publishing timeframe, disruption or connection interruption, display error, system instability or computer virus caused by using the Bank’s website. You connect to other internet networks via the Bank’s website at your own risk. Information error, publishing format, computer virus attack or data theft are not checked nor approved by the Bank.