Regarding the name of Ban Duea community, Duea come from the name of MaDuea tree or fig tree. Located at Ban Duea District, Mueang Nong Khai, Nong Khai provice, along road to Ban Duea community is surrounded with the fig tree all the way. For the villagers, fig has been known as a sacred tree since ancient times. Visitors will enjoy with the taste of figs and also capable to apply figs for skin care. Ban Deue community has preserved local art and culture. When visiting Ban Duea, visitors must not miss the must-try local dishes, namely "Fish dipped in hot soup" and "Fried fish and fig wrapped in vegetable leaves".
Krungthai Bank acknowledges the potential of the community that focuses on sustainable community development. The keyword of this CSR project is “Sustainability”. Therefore, the Bank has cooperated with Ban Duea Community to share knowledge to its members. This allows them to develop and apply the knowledge with local resources or local products and services under the Krungthai Go Local, Grow Local Project: Ban Duea Community. The project aims to add value to and strengthen community tourism by introducing the Bank’s financial innovations, such as Krungthai NEXT application, Krungthai Connext and income & expense accounting system, organizing tourism promotion activities, and developing products and services, in order to enhance the products and tourism standards.
• Organizing training in financial planning and income & expense accounting
• Introducing the Bank's products and services, opening an account, and using a QR Code
• Making accounting book
• Renovating the community stores and the tourist center to enhance tourism, as well as improving check-in tourist points.
• Developing tailoring of figs-dyed fabrics.
• Selling products through E-Commerce
• Publicizing local products through Krungthai care
• Organizing a training course by the Department of Tourism
• Organizing a training course by DASTA.
• Providing a visiting book.